Installation and Deployment Options¶
Selecting a platform for QATrack+¶
Currently there are two “officially” supported platforms for deploying QATrack+ on: 1) Ubuntu Linux (18.04+) with PostgreSql (or MySQL) and 2) Windows Server 2017+ with SQL Server.
The platform you choose will generally depend on what type of system you or your clinic has the most expertise in and / or your budget (Microsoft tools can be expensive!).
- New Installation of QATrack+ v3.1.0 on Ubuntu Linux
- Installing and configuring Git and checking out the QATrack+ Source Code
- Installing a Database System
- Setting up our Python environment (including virtualenv)
- Making sure everything is working up to this point
- Configuration of QATrack+
- Setting up Django Q
- Installing Apache web server and mod_wsgi
- Next Steps
- Last Word
- Upgrading an existing Linux v0.3.0 installation to v3.1.0
- Upgrading an existing Linux v0.2.X installation to v3.1.0
- Installing and Deploying QATrack+ on Windows Server
- Upgrading an existing Windows v0.3.0 installation to v3.1.0
- Upgrading an existing Windows v0.2.X installation to v3.1.0
Note there is no official support for the platforms listed below. That doesn’t necessarily mean they are unreliable, just that you may be on your own if you run into any issues. Of course you can always look for help on the mailing list.